February Middle Grade Book Club – Squirm
The Sun Bookshop
For our February Middle Grade Book Club we will be reading SQUIRM by Carl Hiaasen. Join us in the Younger Sun for snacks and chats!
Some facts about Billy Dickens:
* He once saw a biker swerve across the road in order to run over a snake.
* Later, that motorcycle somehow ended up at the bottom of a canal.
* Billy isn’t the type to let things go.
Some facts about Billy’s family:
* They’ve lived in six different Florida towns because Billy’s mum insists on getting a house near a bald eagle nest.
* Billy’s dad left when he was four and is a total mystery.
* Billy has just found his dad’s address – in Montana.
This summer, Billy will fly across the country, hike a mountain, float a river, dodge a grizzly bear, shoot down a spy drone, save a neighbour’s cat, save an endangered panther, and then try to save his own father.
This book club is FREE but RSVPs are essential to secure your place – BOOK HERE!