IPEd National Editors Conference
The 9th IPEd National Editors Conference will be held at the Pullman Melbourne on the Park (192 Wellington Parade), from 8–10 May 2019.
The conference is an exciting opportunity for editors and other publishing professionals, researchers, students and associates to connect, learn and celebrate best practice in editing and publishing. With a theme of Beyond the Page, there will be something for everyone: the conference will showcase current professional practice and research, highlighting emerging trends in editing and publishing across platforms as well as across the range of professional roles and modes in which editors contribute to the publishing process.
In addition to the formal and professional development aspects of the conference, there will be many opportunities to socialise and network, including a welcome cocktail party, the Gala Dinner, tours and (for the more introverted) an intimate breakfast, lunch and dinner gatherings.
Keynote and invited speakers include:
– Susan Butler, lexicographer and former Macquarie Dictionary editor
– Dr Katherine Bode is Associate Professor of Literary and Textual Studies at the Australian National University
– Penny Modra, founder of The Good Copy
– Michael Williams, Director of the Wheeler Centre
– Grant McAvaney, CEO of the Australian Copyright Council
– Libby Varcoe, head of content at the federal government's Digital Transformation Agency and manager of the seventh edition of the Australian Government Style Manual.
The full program, including presentations, panels, symposia, book clubs and workshops, is available on the website.