Odyssey Literary Festival 2019: Raze / Rekindle
Venue: The Capitol, 113 Swanston St Melbourne
The Odyssey Literary Festival is an annual event produced by students of the RMIT professional writing and editing program. This year's festival, Raze / Rekindle, will be held on 15 October at the landmark Capitol theatre, which has been newly renovated and reopened in June 2019. This is a free event that is open to the public.
Raze / Rekindle confronts endings and beginnings, change and resilience, destruction and renewal. We seek to raze old structures and rekindle hope. We consign to the fire words and stereotypes to be destroyed; we ask how climate stories can inspire change and what writers can offer to the next generation.
Previous Odyssey Literary Festival guests include Alison Goodman, Tony Birch, Sofie Laguna, Jennifer Down, Carly Findlay, Mark Brandi, Fiona Wood, Rajith Savanadasa and Angela Meyer. Special guests for 2019 are listed in full on our website. Multi-award-winning poet Ali Cobby Eckermann will deliver the keynote address.
List of events:
- Raze: Confronting The End
- Reads Like Teen Spirit: Writing Readers Through Trying Times
- Sense and Sensitivity: Who’s Doing the Diversity?
- Rekindle: Igniting Action
- Foyer installations: Final Last Words, This Word Must Burn
- Visible Ink anthology launch: Again! Again! Again!
- RMIT anthology launch: Suspiria
Visit https://odysseylitfestival.wixsite.com/2019 for more details, or follow us @odysseylitfest on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.