Ivanhoe Reading Circle Centenary _Event Celebrating 100 Years of Community Reading
Ivanhoe Reading Circle
DATE: Saturday 18 April 2020
TIME: 1:45 - 4:30pm
VENUE: Heidelberg Golf Club, 8 Main Road Lower Plenty
BOOKING: Essential - numbers are limited
BOOK NOW: at: www.trybooking.com/BGSEU (Bookings close Thursday 9th April 2020)
Enquiries: email: email@example.com OR mobile: 0413 721 430
This free event includes:
• a panel discussion with Jane Sullivan, Sarah Schmidt and Stuart Kells on the value and future direction of community book clubs
• the Heidelberg Theatre Company performing selected readings from the Circle’s archives
• the U3A Banyule choir entertaining us with a satirical verse
• a pop-up bookstore hosted by Andrew’s Bookshop, Ivanhoe
• a pop-up library hosted by Yarra Plenty Regional Library, Ivanhoe Branch
• afternoon tea.
We hope to welcome you at our centenary.
The Centenary Event has been sponsored by a grant from the Banyule City Council, and in-kind support from: Andrews Bookshop, Ivanhoe; Heidelberg Historical Society; Heidelberg Theatre Company; Readings Pty Ltd.; University of the Third Age; and the Yarra Plenty Regional Library-Ivanhoe Branch.