Getting Published as a Writer for Children
Faber Writing Academy
his one-day course offers new writers for children an understanding of what goes on inside a publishing house, how publishers make their choices, how to increase the chance of publication and what to expect from the publishing process. It also provides an opportunity to discuss the author-publisher relationship with an experienced author and illustrator.
The program will include feedback on your work and will address the much-asked questions:
• What are publishers looking for?
• Which publishers should I submit to?
• What should I submit?
• How can I polish my writing?
• What makes a persuasive covering letter?
• Do I need an agent?
• What should I know about genres, age groups and the current market?
• What happens once my book is accepted?
• How can I make the most of the publishing relationship?
This workshop requires you to send in a sample of your writing and to think about how to pitch your book. See 'How to apply' for further details.
The course includes:
• A full day of intensive tuition from 10am to 4pm
• Lunch and regular tea and coffee breaks
• A 10% discount on full priced books purchased at any Readings shop - the official bookseller for the Academy (not valid for online purchases, other offers, lay-bys or special orders)