As you all should know it is the 10th anniversary of us becoming a City of Literature. What you may not know is it is also Iowa City’s as well and we've decided to send them present. A writer! We are looking for EOIS from Victorian writers who want to appear at this year’s Iowa City Book Festival, where you will be a guest and a participant!
The selected recipient will receive flights, accommodations and $1000 AU towards other travel expenses!
Who can apply?
Please note this funding is available to individuals not organisations and applicants must be Victorian residents working in the literary sector impacting Melbourne as City of Literature.
How to apply
Applications are now closed
Applications must address the following questions:
- How do you contribute to Melbourne being a City of Literature?
- What do you hope to bring back to Melbourne from your time in Iowa City?
- How will this benefit your professional development and the promotion of Melbourne as a City of Literature?
- What interests you the most about Iowa City?
A one page biography is required with the opportunity to include one letter of support
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria.
- The benefit to your professional development
- The potential impact on Melbourne as a City of Literature
- The potential impact on Iowa City as a City of Literature
Applications will be assessed by an independent selection committee of representatives from Iowa City, City of Literature Office.
To be eligible applications must address all questions and criteria, and provide the required support material.
Decisions advised: April 2018