The Quebec City Exchange is a chance for literary professionals from Melbourne Cities of Literature to share skills, ideas and opportunities with their colleagiues in Quebec City.
This opportunity is open for writers, arts workers, programmers, book sellers, publishers, librarians - anyone working in the state’s vibrant literary sector.
Hosted in April 2020 by Quebec City, and in 2022 by Melbourne, the selected delegates will be able to exchange knowledge, build international ties, see a range of literary programming and explore the industry.
The selected recipients will receive accommodation and airfares and entry to all events. Successful applicants who are not in full time employment will also receive a per diem for the trip.
The Program As part of the trip, the delegation will have the opportunity to:
- Attend the ImagiNation Festival 1st – 6th April 2020
- discuss best practice with other literary professionals
- visit significant sites across Quebec City
- take part in a public event during ImagiNation Festival
- understand Quebec Cities creative communities and how they interact with each other
- exchange knowledge with local communities and bring back what they've learned to their home cities.
Who can apply? Please note this funding is available to individuals not organisations and applicants must be Victorian residents working in the literary sector impacting Melbourne as a City of Literature.
Schedule The program will be the 30th of March to the 6th of April, 2020
How to apply Applications must be completed online. Please note the online form cannot be saved.
Applications must address the following questions:
- How do you contribute to Melbourne being a City of Literature?
- What do you hope to bring back to Melbourne from your time in Quebec City?
- How will this benefit your professional development and the promotion of Melbourne as a City of Literature?
- What three organisations interest you the most in Quebec City and why?
A one page biography is also required and you have the opportunity to include two letters of support.
Selection criteria Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria.
The benefit to your professional development
The potential impact on Melbourne as a City of Literature
The potential impact on Quebec City as a City of Literature
Applications will be assessed by an independent selection committee of representatives from Quebec City - City of Literature.
To be eligible applications must address all questions and criteria, and provide the required support material.
Successful applicants will also need to submit a short report detailing the success or otherwise of the project. Reports are due four weeks after the conclusion of the travel.
Apply here. Applications close 5pm on Monday 28 October 2019
Decisions advised: December 2019