Library on the Lawn festival: weekend one
State Library Victoria
Meet us on the Library lawn for a Covid-safe summer family festival!
For two weekends in February we’re transforming the Library’s forecourt into a creative, relaxing and invigorating space featuring live performances, workshops, Storytime and music.
There’ll also be face painting and roving performers throughout the day for you to enjoy, along with a coffee cart by Mr Tulk until 4pm. Plus, colourful beanbags for you to relax on while protected by a canopy of large umbrellas.
Register your attendance to Saturday or Sunday (or both!) through the links below.
Suitable for all ages unless specified.
- 10:30: Welcome dance by Wurundjeri female dance group Djirri Djirri
- 11am: Indigenous dance workshop with Djirri Djirri
- 1pm: Spoken word and music by Joel McKerrow
- 1:30pm: Zine making workshop with Sticky Institute
- 2pm: Hip hop performance by Mantra
- 3pm: Slam poetry showcase with Emilie Zoey Baker and teen poets
- 3:30pm: Kids hip hop lyric writing workshop with Mantra (suitable for ages 12 and over)
- 10am: Baby Bounce with Julianne (suitable for ages 18 months and under)
- 10:30am: Library workshop: Make a cuneiform tablet with clay
- 11:30am: Performance by award-winning comedian Josh Earl
- 12pm: Letter writing, envelope art and stamp design workshop with Melanie Knight
- 1pm: Dance music by DJ Hot Wheels
- 2pm: Old book collaging and drawing workshop with Tai Snaith (suitable for ages five and over)
- 3pm: Percussion performance by Mighty Duke and the Lords
If you’re feeling unwell on the day, please cancel your ticket and do not attend.
We are complying with Victorian health guidelines to protect everyone who attends this event.