Aboriginal and Torres Strait Cultural Development Program – Artist Call Out
Footscray Community Arts Centre
Develop your creative and cultural practice with Tarnuk–ut baany 2021
Tarnuk-ut baany is a new Artist Development Program led by Footscray Community Arts Centre’s Indigenous Advisory Group, Elders in Residence and Indigenous Cultural Programs staff facilitating cultural knowledge exchange with emerging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists in Victoria through creative and cultural development, presentation, and mentorship.
The program takes its name from the BoonWurrung phrase ‘wooden vessels holding water’, meaning an invitation to share food, sit around and tell stories.
Tarnuk–ut baany ensures the next generation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists are guided by the knowledge and experience of Elders and leaders. Over 2021 and 2022 successful applicants will participate in a range of skills development, mentoring and training experiences from leading Indigenous and non-Indigenous artists, producers and creatives.
Applications close Monday 2 August 2021, 11.59pm.
What will you receive?
- $10,000 to support your project, process or research over 2021 and 2022
- Support sharing cultural protocol, history, language led by IAG/Elders in Residence
- Learning opportunities including peer networking, artistic development, cultural sustainability
- Mentorship and network development with alumni from past and current programs and networks
- Pathways to Footscray Community Arts Centre’s public program (attracts 90,000+ audiences per year)
- Experience in some of Melbourne’s most innovative and respected arts organisation
- Pathways into broader arts industry
Submit an expression of interest
To apply, tell us your answers to the following questions:
- Tell us about your creative and cultural practice – what artform do you work with? What ideas motivate you? What projects have you worked on in the past?
- What do you want to learn during the Tarnuk-Ut Baany program?
- Is there a project that you are currently developing or hoping to focus on during the Tarnuk-Ut Baany program?
There are three options for you to submit your answers to the above questions:
- Apply in writing: simply email Footscray Community Arts Centre’s Senior Producer for Indigenous Cultural Programs email@example.com
- Apply by audio or video: Pre-record yourself answering these questions and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply via phone, zoom or in person: To apply via these methods, you can arrange a time by emailing email@example.com
Applications due by Monday 2 August, 11.59pm.