Library on the Lawn festival: weekend two
State Library Victoria
Meet us on the Library lawn for a summer family festival!
For two weekends in February we’re transforming the Library’s forecourt into a creative, relaxing and invigorating space featuring live performances, workshops, Storytime and music.
There’ll also be face painting and roving performers throughout the day for you to enjoy, along with a coffee cart by Mr Tulk until 4pm. Plus, colourful beanbags for you to relax on while protected by a canopy of large umbrellas.
Register your attendance to Saturday or Sunday (or both!) through the links below.
Suitable for all ages unless specified.
- 10:30am: Storytime with the Library
- 11am: Hanging mobile workshop with Emma Grace (suitable for ages eight and over)
- 12:30pm: Performance by ARIA, Grammy and Oscar nominated musicians in children's group The Mudcakes (suitable for ages eight and under)
- 1:30pm: Monster pot workshop with Emma Grace (suitable for ages eight to 12)
- 2:30pm: Dance music by DJ Andrew McClelland
- 3:30pm: Medieval calligraphy workshop
- 4:30pm: BBQ-punk music performance by The Burnt Sausages
- 10am: Storytime with the Library
- 10:30am: Recycled crowns workshop with Georgina Humphries (suitable for ages four and over)
- 11:30am: Interactive comic strip workshop with Bernard Caleo (suitable for ages three and over)
- 12:30pm: A taste of bibliotherapy with Susan McLaine
- 12:30pm: Design and produce your own book workshop
- 2pm: Music and dance performance by Real Youth Music Studios
- 3pm: Letter writing, envelope art and stamp design workshop with Melanie Knight
- 3:30pm: Music performance by Georgia Fields
If you’re feeling unwell on the day, please cancel your ticket and do not attend.
We are complying with Victorian health guidelines to protect everyone who attends this event.
Subscribe to events
Subscribe to our Calendar to receive email notifications so you never miss an event?
Monday mornings we will send you an update showing all the new calendar entries that have been uploaded over the last seven days.
Friday afternoons you will receive a summary of what’s happening on the weekend.